The annual Alliance Francaise Film Festival is a cultural event for every Francophile in Brisbane.
Now in its 27th year, the 2016 festival brings a wonderful selection of contemporary French cinema to Brisbane audiences.
For the first time, a selection of French Television series will make it to the big screens.
1. Not to be missed is the Opening Night with Rosalie Blum (Sarlat Film Festival 2015), a warm and endearing drama/comedy.
2. Those looking to celebrate with friends can enjoy an after screening cocktail party including drinks, canapés and entertainment.
3. For those who love wine, travel and beautiful French scenery be sure to get tickets to a Taste of France.
Wine and cheese will be served at the pre-screening for First Growth with special guest Peter Scudamore, Master of Wine. Audiences will treated to gorgeous cinematography of the wine making district of Burgundy.
4. Opera Night is another special evening later in the festival with special guest, our very own gracious and delightful Sophie Galaise, CEO of Queensland Symphony Orchestra.
5. Music lovers will be swooning with bubbly and fine French catering before enjoying a screening of Marguerite, featuring the glamorous world of Opera in the 1920’s.
Words by Elizabeth Lamont
Details: Alliance French Film Festival 2016 | Palace cinemas | 11 March to 3 April 2016