If you haven’t already been reminded by the multitude of advertisements that Mothers Day is just around the corner and somehow you forgot to plan anything, don’t stress, we’ve got your back.
Treat mum to a day she’ll never forget and indulge in a little luxury at Brisbane’s most stylish venues.
1. What mum – or anyone for that matter – doesn’t love a good high tea? Your mum will feel like a queen for the day when she sips tea from the most deluxe William Edwards fine bone china whilst sampling a selection of high tea favourites at Bacchus in South Bank.
Prepared by Head Chef Mark Penna, the three afternoon sittings will feature an indulgent selection of delicate finger sandwiches, scones, gourmet sweets and fragrant Harney and Sons tea as well as a glass of Moet on arrival.
Using the same china used by the Queen Mother at The Goring, Bacchus’ Mothers Day High Tea is sure to make mum feel like royalty.
2. If your mum is a high tea fan but loves all things eclectic and contemporary, spoil her with High Tea at Emporium Hotel.
Held in the stunning cocktail bar, the experience includes delicate petit fours, carefully selected European cheeses, boutique teas and coffees and a glass of Mumm Champagne on arrival – how appropriate.
If that alone doesn’t get you in mum’s good books, the complimentary gift from Molten Brown surely will.
3. South Bank’s Stokehouse Q has certainly made a name for itself for all the right reasons, making it a fantastic place to celebrate Mothers Day.
Specially curated by executive head chef Richard Ousby, the Mothers Day menu includes flavours inspired by the chef’s childhood such as braised beef, roasted lamb and classic baked goods.
If mum deserves to enjoy the finer things in life – we’re sure she does – treat her to an once-in-a-lifetime lunch with breathtaking views.
4. Do you have a fussy mum? Does she like to have things exactly to her liking? Let mum take the reins when you gift her a lavish lunch at Eagle Street Pier’s Pony Dining.
Commanding Insta-worthy views of the famous Story Bridge and the Brisbane River, the restaurant has created an enticing menu using fresh and local seasonal ingredients.
Pamper your mum’s inner foodie with an unforgettable lunch topped off with a complimentary glass of sparkling upon arrival.
5. Brisbane’s latest sky bar Sazerac is popping the cork on Mumm champagne with a $59 high tea to remember.
With the bar in it’s first month of opening, be one of the first to experience the frills that Sazerac has to offer.
Swap the slippers and the chocolates for an experience mum will treasure forever at one of Brisbane’s most glamorous venues.
Words by Emily Russ