Brisbane Weekender hit the fun, food, crowds and rides at the Ekka this year, taking away full bellies and a list of the best food to line up for – that isn’t chips and a Dagwood dog.
- The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation, in collaboration with Lick! Ice Cream, will knock your socks off each year. To our surprise, BW’s Ekka reviewer Katherine was a first timer of the strawberry sundae. She’ll be visiting the Lick! Ice Cream store in Graceville and lining up for these Ekka delights year after year.
- Steering away from the typical dagwood dogs, Gnocchi Gnocchi Brothers serve up tradition Italian gnocchi dishes with a side of bread. Teamed with a ricotta cannoli for dessert, Gnocchi Gnocchi Brothers are sure to satisfy those looking for a proper meal.
- The Woolworths Pavillon always make the cut for foodies at the Ekka. Their free samples delight all hungry bellies with both meat and vegetarian samples.
- The Cheese Pleaser (with Black Pearl Epicure and Woombye Cheese) are absolutely set to please on a winter evening with gooey, cheesy and buttery toasties. Their pork, apple and walnut toastie fixes any food craving. Those looking for a little take-away can pick up an esky of cheese wheels and some apple walnut relish to relive the toastie experience at home.
- Next door to The Cheese Pleaser is Sirromet Wines. They offer a wide variety of wines by the glass for your enjoyment with that delicious cheese or gnocchi dinner.