Sharing a ham baguette on gondolas that run through the heart of small pine tree forest, floral picnic rugs and sparkling apple juice beneath a towering sunflower garden or a ferris wheel and cotton candy carts – what’s your vision for the new Victoria Park?
Brisbane City Council are building on our iconic sun, sip and chill lifestyle as they transform the Victoria Park Golf Complex into a visionary park that will meet the creativity and scale of some of the world’s most impressive parks.
While the putt putt course, driving range and eight functions centres are proposed to stay, the park will include space for everyone to relax and enjoy.
Victoria park is set to be more than double the size of the City Botanic Gardens, making it the biggest park to hit Brisbane in 50 years.
We’re excited to announce that Brisbane City Council are encouraging Brisbanites to get involved with ideas for the new family friendly park.
Taking inspiration from Gardens by the Bay in Singapore, Central Park, Hyde Park and Brisbane’s growing demand for a more sustainable future – we’re thinking green green green!
We’ve dreamed up some attractions of our own – what do you think?
- For those with the green thumb – let’s create an organic fruit and vegetable community garden in a lush picnic zone with wood fired pizza ovens for families and friends to grow, pick and enjoy fruit and vegetables while taking one step closer to a more sustainable future in Brisbane
- Help us grow – how cool would it be for a selection of locals to have the chance to plant their own trees in a community forest
- Get away from it all – we’re totally up for an internet exclusion zone to ‘chill’ without the need to book a cabin in the woods
- Sustainable swimming and chilling – our favourite vision is on our Instagram now!
Have your say
- Dream up your own ideas for the new Victoria Park and contribute to the next best thing to hit our growing city. Share your vision here.
Details: Victoria Park | Share your vision with Brisbane City Council | 309 Herston Road, Herston QLD 4006