Each year Queensland Ballet deliver expressive, enchanting and heart-stealing performances for the locals and visitors of Queensland.
Artistic Director Li Cunxin will be leading Queensland Ballet for the third year in a row with a romantic, beautiful and sensational 2015 season that will draw on the nostalgia of all.
Queensland Ballet will showcase six performances with the breathtaking theme of fairytales.
The season will begin with La Sylphide, a romantic performance that revolutionised ballet. Separated into two acts, the fairytale will explore love, broken hearts and a wedding that will entice all.
Queensland Ballet will also perform fairytale classics such as Trey McIntyre’s theatrical version of Peter Pan and Greg Horsman’s sparkling production of The Sleeping Beauty followed by Ben Stevenson’s The Nutcracker as a Queensland tradition.
In 2015, Queensland Ballet will take the breathes away from both Queensland and London on an incredible tour to showcase what this city has to offer.
1. La Sylphide 20 March to 31 March, Playhouse, Qpac
2. Coppélia 1 May to 20 May, Queensland Regional Tour
3. Peter Pan 26 June to 11 July, Playhouse, Qpac
4. Dance Dialogues 28 August to 5 September, Thomas Dixon Centre, West End
5. The Sleeping Beauty 23 October to 31 October, Lyric Theatre, Qpac
6. The Nutcracker 11 December to 23 December, Playhouse, Qpac
Season tickets available online or by calling Qtix on 136 246.
Queensland Ballet 2015 Season. Images by Georges Antoni.
Details: 07 3013 6658 | www.queenslandballet.com.au | Brisbane from March to December 2015