With Christmas heading our way, it is time to get creative when thinking of ideas for family and friends who appreciate an artistic gift.
Brisbane Weekender have scoped out the latest in Australia’s cultural world, looking to local museums and art galleries to fill the stockings and boxes under the Christmas tree this year. This top ten gift guide will jumpstart the creative process.
1. Pointe Shoe Key Rings – $9.95 from The Australian Ballet
2. Illustrated pocket sized art books – $15.00 to $20.00 from Folio Books, Brisbane
3. Print Martu Art from the Far Western Desert – $25.00 from the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia
4. Rabbit & Fox writing set – $29.95 from Card & Caboodle
5. Blockitecture – $39.95 from the Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art
6. Pavlova Tote Bag – $50.00 from The Australian Ballet
7. Large Leather Personal Planner – $79.95 from Kikki.K
8. Teapot – $59.00 to $100.00 from The Tea Centre
9. Creative Workshop – $34.00 to $95.00 at Showroom, Paddington
10. Mahler Recordings 12 pack box set – $220.00 from The Sydney Symphony Orchestra
Words by Melanie Baker
Image 01 by Kikki.K;Image 02 by Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art; Image 03 by Museum of Contemporary Art Australia